Friends of St. Philip’s is a group of men and women committed to supporting St. Philip’s School and Community Center as ambassadors through service and fundraising.
Among other opportunities, as a Friend of St. Philip’s, you will:
- be invited to presentations on topics such as education, the South Dallas initiative, and community development.
- receive regular communications of a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- receive St. Philip’s School and Community Center newsletters and updates.
- be invited to annual Destiny luncheon and other special events.
Annual Membership Meeting
The Friends of St. Philip's annual membership meeting was recently held in late April, featuring remarks by Dr. Terry J. Flowers. Scroll down to become a member.
Activities and Events
- The 2nd Annual Bingo, BBQ, & the Blues was held in October 2022 and raised over $185,000 to support St. Philip’s. 400 guests were in attendance at this fun event!
- Funded and supported recent ISAS Accreditation visit;
- Sponsored a Destiny Luncheon table for alums;
- Hosted a variety of morale-boosting events for faculty and staff throughout the year;
- Distributed gift cards to faculty/staff at Christmas and year-end;
- Hosted a Christmas Luncheon for faculty/staff, including door prizes;
- Served at special events in the community, such as the Thanksgiving Feast, the Christmas Store, and the Mothers Day Gift Shop;
- Volunteered at Aunt Bette’s Community Pantry, and transported surplus meals from Snap Kitchen.