Friends of St. Philip’s is a group of men and women committed to supporting St. Philip’s School and Community Center as ambassadors through service and fundraising.
Among other opportunities, Friends of St. Philip’s will:
- be invited to presentations on topics such as education, the South Dallas initiative, and community development.
- receive regular communications of a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- receive St. Philip’s School and Community Center newsletters and updates.
- be invited to annual Destiny luncheon and other special events.
Friends of St. Philip’s activities since 2019 founding:
Some of our service opportunities were reimagined due to COVID restrictions, but the following summarizes our activities during our first three years:
• Hosted Birthday and Christmas Luncheons for faculty/staff, including door prizes;
• Distributed gift cards to faculty/staff at Christmas and year-end;
• Purchased and delivered yard signs to faculty/staff during Appreciation Week;
• During the 2nd year, Friends contributed to “Wellness Wednesdays” by hosting one Wednesday per month with a theme, activity and/or goodies;
• Provided a special dinner for faculty/staff and their families with help from Ruthie’s Food Truck and the Philanthropy Department;
• Served at special events in the community such as the Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway, the Christmas Store, and the Mothers Day Store;
• Volunteered in Aunt Bette’s Community Pantry; and transported surplus meals from Snap Kitchen;
• Contributed $25,000 to date to St. Philip’s School and Community Center for its annual operating budgets;
• Planned and executed our inaugural “Bingo, BBQ & the Blues” on November 3, 2021. Over 350 guests attended this fun, casual event that featured celebrity bingo callers, great prizes and live music by Nashville artist Sam Johnston. Over $150,000 was raised!
• A family celebration event is scheduled for late April to kick off Faculty/Staff Appreciation Week!