St. Philip’s School & Community Center, a private Christian school for students PreK2-6th grade, comprised of a multi-faceted community center in Dallas, Texas, is seeking a qualified Substitute Teacher.
Job Summary: To implement the daily instructional plans of the classroom teacher in an effective manner. To maintain a class environment advantageous to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students while maintaining proper classroom management.
- Reports to school office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follows sign out procedures as prescribed by the principal.
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, clears whiteboard, etc.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class in accordance with St. Philip’s School and Community Center policy.
- Ensures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
- Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Knows school procedures and regulations.
- Maintains records as required by law, School policy, and administrative regulations.
- Serves as a positive role model for students, demonstrating professionalism that includes a positive attitude, positive and respectful communication, and professional appearance.
- Holds and communicates high expectations of student achievement and behavior.
- When in long-term assignments, attends staff meetings and performs actively on committees as required by the administration.
- Meets accepted standards of professional behavior.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the administration or required for the effective implementation of St. Philip’s School and Community Center goals, objectives, programs, and policies.
- Communicates affectively with parents when needed.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction as prescribed in the daily instructional plans.
- Supports the Mission and Vision of St. Philip’s School and Community Center
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Maintains a professional and positive rapport with parents/co- workers/administration/School Board.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands extensive mobility – both indoor and outdoor while at the school and while on field trips will be required. Normal physical activity including some bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting and carrying, which may range up to 35 lbs. upon occasion
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree or Higher
- Teacher Certification (preferred)
Please send cover letter, current resume, and references to: email@example.com
Math or Phonics/Literacy
Provide academic interventional support in either math and or literacy skills for identified and assigned students in a classroom pull-out setting at St Philip’s School and Community Center through Title 1 services coordinated by Region 10 Private Non Profit Cooperative.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to meet the needs of each student.
- Plans with the regular classroom teacher the weekly instructional plan for students being tutored.
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies appropriate for teaching students from diverse backgrounds with different learning styles and special needs.
- Uses appropriate techniques and strategies to enhance the application of critical, creative and evaluative thinking capabilities of students.
- Uses appropriate materials, technology and resources to help meet learning needs of each student.
- Provides support to the student when in the regular classroom as needed.
- Communicates with parents through conferences (as may be needed) and other means to inform of student’s progress.
- Fosters student responsibility, appropriate social behavior, integrity, valuing of cultural diversity, and respect for self and others
- Helps with inventory, care, and maintenance of Title 1 materials and equipment.
- Develops and maintains a student Title I folder. Folders may be reviewed by the Principal (or designee) or Region 10 consultant. Items in the folder may include:
Knowledge of learning styles and skilled in using varied teaching methods to address student learning styles.
Ability to work with students with severe academic difficulties, learning disabilities and behavior challenges.
Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading fluency, reading comprehension, penmanship, written expression and or math at the elementary level.
Classroom instructional experience is strongly preferred.
Small group or 1:1 instructional experience is preferred.
St. Philip's School and Community Center is a private, non-denominational, Pre K through sixth grade elementary school, building academic excellence, strong self esteem and high character values.
In addition, for more than 30 yrs, we have provided programs 12 months a year for children and their families and for senior citizens in South Dallas, including athletic, after-school and cultural programs, the food pantry, and a meals on wheels depot.
It is the policy of St. Philip's School & Community Center to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without discrimination, condonement or condemnation in regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification.